Thursday, September 9, 2010

Social Security

Many people are concerned about Social Security and have been for many years. My father for one mentioned to me that when he was younger he to believed that the money would run out and that he was paying into something that he would not be seeing again. Yet people today still receive checks from it and more are doing so everyday. The only problem with it is that we as a country have been borrowing money to pay for it for years, just to make up for what was taken to pay for wars and campaigns because of a deficit.

I admit I do not know everything about the situation but I would like to see someone beside the tax payers either paying for it or the loans. I'd like to figure out which parties in the government decided to take the money and between the two what percentage each side spent. Then take that percentage from each sides campaign contributions until its paid off, to show that there are consequences to the actions of government. They are all deciding to live to high and none of them except a few are willing to take any kind of pay cut even though this is the worst it's been economically in thirty years.

Official Opinion: Almost everyone that has anything to do with is to comfortable with their positions. Some responsibility would be nice for a change. I can't point fingers at one side or another but government as a whole has this problem and it has to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment